As per my experience porting to powerpc platform, OpenVZ is easily portable, i.e. it is 95% platform-independent code (not counting the checkpointing functionality, which IS very platform-specific).

So, if somebody needs OpenVZ for some currently unsupported platform (say, ARM), they can either do a port themselves, or provide us with a couple of boxes and we will do the port.

Mike Holloway wrote:

The type of embedded platform you are developing for may steer your decision. I went looking for which cpu architectures are supported by openvz and vserver patches and found this wiki entry. Someone may care to update that entry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_virtual_machines

-mike