Henrik Holmboe wrote:
Kir Kolyshkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Xen compilation was broken in the last kernel, so it went out without
-xen-. It is now fixed and xen kernels will be available with the next
kernel release. If you want it earlier (for whatever reason), we can
provide an unofficial build.

Maybe I understand you wrong, but if the problem is fixed (with
specifically 2.6.18-92.1.1.EL5 + OpenVZ)
The kernel which is shipped as 028stab057.2 can not be compiled with Xen. There is a patch fixing the issue, but adding the patch would mean yet another different kernel (say 028stab057.3) which should go through full release cycle (see below).

Neither we can release a "just xen" kernel, because our releasing machinery and infrastructure is just not suitable for that sort of things.
 then couldn't this be made an
offical build?
We are already working on releasing a newer version, with lots of updates from RHEL plus some from us.

Please understand that a new kernel release is much more than just compile/upload/announce. Our kernels are going through an extensive internal QA before the release, and as always QA resources are limited so we can not afford two kernels in a queue.
I was just about to install a Xen enabled kernel on a recently
installed machine and it would be nice to have the most kernel based
on the most recent RHEL kernel. Otherwise, for me it would mean
installing an old one or waiting for the next one.
I am really sorry, but it looks like this is what you have to do for a moment. Our new kernel is in QA and hopefully will be released next week.

As I said before, we could provide an unofficial build for those users suffering from the old kernel bugs. Having said that, it's still some work to do so requests for such a kernel needs to be justified. I mean, saying "my kernel is old and I want a new shiny one" doesn't count.
 Compiling my own is
not an option for now.

Thanks for your time!

Henrik