Tom,

----- "Tom D. Davidson" <m...@tomdavidson.org> wrote:
> It sounds like OpenVZ does not allow bridges inside containers. Ok. But a
> container can
> still use TAP/TUN devices with out a bridge?
>
> Im confused on how to use a TAP with out a bridge.

There is a wiki page on using TUN/TAP in the container.  It requires some
configuration on the host node side so the devices are usable in the container.

http://wiki.openvz.org/VPN_via_the_TUN/TAP_device

If you don't have root access to the host node, you'll need to get help from
your provider... assuming they'd allow it in the first place.

Regarding running QEMU, that's another form of virtualization and I'm not sure
how difficult that would be to run inside of a container.  Conceptually, you'd
not want to run another form of virtualization inside of a container... but it
might work unless qemu needs special devices or direct device access.  It may
or may not be doable... and it may or may not require granting device access by
the root user of the host node.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle