On Sun, 16 May 2010, Daniel Pittman wrote:

We are currently looking into doing more monitoring and management of our VEs
from the hardware node, and as part of that we would like to have access to a
reasonably reliable mapping of VE id to VE init process PID on the host node.

Hi Daniel. Would vzps do what you want? It wasn't in the Lenny packages IIRC but can still be installed.

Also, we're using collectd (http://http://www.collectd.org/) for system monitoring and it has an OpenVZ plugin which causes the HN collectd instance to collect per VE stats without any additional configuration.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Email: rob...@timetraveller.org