I'm not much proficient in english, but I understand that Scott points
to OpenVZ/Virtuozzo own distribution as the most reasonable way for
releases of the major version 7.

This means the following scenario: KVM, LXC, UML, Xen, etc with no
specific GNU/Linux distribution (packaged for everyone), but to exist
separate OpenVZ GNU/Linux and Virtuozo GNU/Linux distributions focused
on specific containerization (Proxmox style).

As Linux is not a complete operating system, OpenVZ is not a complete
oiperating system too. The GNU/Linux distribution is what completes the
operating system, with packages about firewall, mail transport, etc.

An OpenVZ GNU/Linux means maintaining everything for a distribution, and
people who prefers Debian stable-style packages will not find same
consistency level in another distribution not focused in this chapter
for environment software.

El 04/06/16 a les 00:25, Scott Dowdle ha escrit: