On 02/20/2012 12:02 PM, Yair Zaslavsky wrote:
On 02/20/2012 09:39 AM, Oved Ourfalli wrote:
Hey,

More information on the domain infrastructure we have can be found in:
http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/DomainInfrastructure
(I might update it more soon, but it can give you a basic view of how the
domain management in oVirt is working, and what do you need to update in order
to support a new ldap provider).

Oved
I just would like to add that in general, when one wants to add a new
LDAP server support, it should be realized that there are two main
issues to take care of:
a. How authentication to LDAP server is performed (examples we
encountered in the past - Kerberos/GSSAPI  and SIMPLE).

The lack of SSL support is glaring. Except for AD, the whole world is using SSL (TLS actually) for authentication and/or encryption.

b. How to perform the ldap queries (i.e - use proper schema)

Most products allow you to specify the search attribute (samaccountname in AD for example).
Do we really need a lot more from the scheme?
(The base DN to search from is also a bit missing, but that's not part of the scheme, but our own configuration)
Y.

This is at least how I see it.

Yair