On 12/16/13 07:06, Sven Kieske wrote:
Is this entirely true?

In my experience, yes. The one thing I had to do was to enable the sshd service on the Host (and possibly tweak the firewall to allow sshd service?).

When you click "Add Host" on the engine, it uses ssh into the Host to configure the necessary repositories. I may have had to add the "Optional" repository for EL6, but certainly not the oVirt repository - that is handled by the host-deploy code.

I have done this with both 6.4 and 6.5.

In any case, Ted's issues are not related to repository configuration or package dependencies.

-Bob

AFAIK you need ovirt.org repos at the host and ssh must be functional
(network of course too).
at least the ovirt.org repos did not come with EL 6.4 and there were
no ovirt packages in the EL 6.4 Repos

Did this change in EL 6.5? I did not yet investigate EL 6.5, it
would be huge if you can really setup vdsm on a minimal server install
without additional repos.