On 03/23/2014 11:16 AM, Gilad Chaplik wrote:
Hi Scott,

Don't want to get in deep into the thread...
Does Affinity Groups feature what you're after (sounds like negative affinity) ?

http://www.ovirt.org/Features/VM-Affinity

(worth mentioning this is available in 3.4)

Thanks,
Gilad.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Ocken" <sc...@infobunker.com>
To: Users@ovirt.org
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 5:08:24 PM
Subject: [Users] Force certain VMs to be on different hosts

Is there a way to have certain VMs to be on different hosts? (assuming
there are enough hosts)

IE.  I have a db cluster of 3 VMs.  I would like each one to always be
on different hosts.  That way if a host goes down my db cluster is
still happy while migration happens.  Or if migration fails I am still
good.

Thanks
Scott