On 05/18/2017 10:35 AM, TranceWorldLogic . wrote:
Thanks,
Would you also explain about my 2nd question ?

let say hostB mounted glusterFS partition by using backup vol (e.g. hostB) and after some time Host A come online, will GlusterFS client (mount) automatically switch to Host A ?
mount will not switch automatically to Host A .

In an ideal case i.e with out using backup-vol-file-server option if host B goes down, you mount will not be accessible since host B went down and df -TH or mount does not show the volume or it says "Transport End point not connected".

Take the case where using backup-volfile-server option. If host B goes down, your mount will still be accessible since there is backup-volfile-server and df -TH or mount still shows that volume is mounted using Host B, but all the internal requests will be served through Host A.