> Le 24 juil. 2018 à 11:50, Dominik Holler <dhol...@redhat.com> a écrit :
>
> On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 11:04:58 +0200
> Fabrice Bacchella <fabrice.bacche...@orange.fr
> <mailto:fabrice.bacche...@orange.fr>> wrote:
>
>> To monitoring the network interfaces, I have a script that check if
>> ifAdminStatus and ifOperStatus values matches in snmp.
>>
>> But with oVirt it fails on a server with 4 physical interfaces, but
>> only two connected, and return an error:
>>

> You want that eth0 and eth1 are UP, and eth2 and eth3 are DOWN?

Yes.

>> snmptable XXX IF-MIB::ifTable | less
>> SNMP table: IF-MIB::ifTable
>>
>> ifIndex     ifDescr ifAdminStatus ifOperStatus
>>       1          lo            up           up
>>       2        eth0            up           up
>>       3        eth1            up           up
>>       4        eth2            up         down
>>       5        eth3            up         down
>>      24 ;vdsmdummy;          down         down
>>      25       vnet0            up           up
>>

>> And indeed on the server:
>>
>> ip link show eth2
>> 4: eth2: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state
>> DOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000 link/ether
>> 40:a8:f0:30:81:1a brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
>>

> looks like eth2 is DOWN, as expected.

It's in state DOWN, but marked UP anyway.

A really DOWN interface is shown as (on another server, not an ovirt host):

4: eth2: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN mode DEFAULT
group default qlen 1000
    link/ether a0:d3:c1:fa:8c:8a brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

> eth2 seems to be in state DOWN, which seems to be reflected in
> ifOperStatus.

Yes it match. The state is reflected in the ifOperStatus. The ifAdminStatus
match the UP in the <...>

> Is the issue that ifAdminStatus is up for eth2 and eth3, but you want
> it to be down?

That's it. I never ask it to be in such state.