> Le 25 juil. 2018 à 13:42, Edward Haas <eh...@redhat.com> a écrit :
>

> On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 1:08 PM, Fabrice Bacchella
> <fabrice.bacche...@orange.fr> wrote:
>

>> Le 24 juil. 2018 à 11:50, Dominik Holler <dhol...@redhat.com> a écrit :
>>
>> On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 11:04:58 +0200
>> Fabrice Bacchella <fabrice.bacche...@orange.fr> wrote:
>>
>>> To monitoring the network interfaces, I have a script that check if
>>> ifAdminStatus and ifOperStatus values matches in snmp.
>>>
>>> But with oVirt it fails on a server with 4 physical interfaces, but
>>> only two connected, and return an error:
>>>

>> You want that eth0 and eth1 are UP, and eth2 and eth3 are DOWN?
>
> Yes.
>

>>> snmptable XXX IF-MIB::ifTable | less
>>> SNMP table: IF-MIB::ifTable
>>>
>>> ifIndex     ifDescr ifAdminStatus ifOperStatus
>>>       1          lo            up           up
>>>       2        eth0            up           up
>>>       3        eth1            up           up
>>>       4        eth2            up         down
>>>       5        eth3            up         down
>>>      24 ;vdsmdummy;          down         down
>>>      25       vnet0            up           up
>>>

>>> And indeed on the server:
>>>
>>> ip link show eth2
>>> 4: eth2: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state
>>> DOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000 link/ether
>>> 40:a8:f0:30:81:1a brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
>>>

>> looks like eth2 is DOWN, as expected.
>
> It's in state DOWN, but marked UP anyway.
>
> A really DOWN interface is shown as (on another server, not an ovirt host):
>
> 4: eth2: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN mode DEFAULT
> group default qlen 1000
>     link/ether a0:d3:c1:fa:8c:8a brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
>

>> eth2 seems to be in state DOWN, which seems to be reflected in
>> ifOperStatus.
>
> Yes it match. The state is reflected in the ifOperStatus. The ifAdminStatus
> match the UP in the <...>
>

>> Is the issue that ifAdminStatus is up for eth2 and eth3, but you want
>> it to be down?
>
> That's it. I never ask it to be in such state.
>

> If eth2 and eth3 are not defined under oVirt control, I see no reason for the
> system to touch it.
> Perhaps, you machine has these interfaces under NetworkManager control (you
> can do "nmcli device" to check it),
> in that case, NM will keep the admin state up and monitor it.
> If you want it down, mark the interfaces as unmanaged (by NM) and perform an
> ifdown on them.
>
> Let us know if it helped.

nmcli indeed shows:
DEVICE       TYPE      STATE         CONNECTION
eth2         ethernet  disconnected  --
eth3         ethernet  disconnected  --
vnet0        tun       disconnected  --
bond0        bond      unmanaged     --
eth0         ethernet  unmanaged     --
eth1         ethernet  unmanaged     --

I wonder why it wants to manage vnet0 too.

That's exactly for think kind of things that I usually uninstall any
NetworkManager components on my servers. But oVirt wants it, it should them
managed them:

yum erase NetworkManager
Removing for dependencies:
 cockpit-networkmanager                                    noarch
                  169-1.el7.centos                                   @extras
                                149 k
 cockpit-ovirt-dashboard                                   noarch
                  0.11.28-1.el7                                      @ovirt-4.2
                                 15 M
 ovirt-host                                                x86_64
                  4.2.3-1.el7                                        @ovirt-4.2
                                 11 k
 ovirt-hosted-engine-setup                                 noarch
                  2.2.22.1-1.el7                                     @ovirt-4.2
                                2.2 M