On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 16:56:58 -0000
"Davide Butti" <dbutti...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dominik, thanks for your reply. Of course use cases for VLAN
> trunks to the guests are not difficult to find, for example when you
> want to run a virtual router inside the VM, and you don't want to

Why does PCI passthrough / SR-IOV does not fit in your case?

> define dozens or hundreds individual VLANs into the router. Anyways,
> I'll take the time to write a full bug description to try and have
> this supported.

Thanks.

> In the meantime I've found another disturbing issue: even when I
> create a vNIC profile with "no network filter" assigned, the vNIC
> will only accept incoming network packets with the "correct"
> destination MAC address, although the VM is also replying to ARP
> queries for different ones (ARP spoofing, which is needed by many
> Virtual-IP protocols). What's going on in this case? Is there a
> "no-mac-spoofing" filter which is applied inadvertently, independent
> of vNIC profile? Or am I missing something?

You miss nothing, oVirt configures OVN to bind the "correct" MAC
address on the VM's port.

> Do you believe I should post a bug for this issue, too?

Would be nice if you would post a bug for this, too.
It would be helpful if you would give at least one concrete example of
a Virtual-IP protocol which should work inside the VM and runs into the
issue.

> Thanks again,

I have to thank you for the feedback!