Actually this is bug, as I see we fill the <vm > tag for all permissions, even for inherited permissions, but it should be set only for direct permissions, that's how you would distinguish it. Same as you
say you can do it via following the specific permission id.

So I am afraid there is no effective way, unfortunatelly. If you don't
have many users, you can list users permissions and find if it has
permission for your VM, which would mean it has direct permission on a
VM.