On February 4, 2020 10:54:54 PM GMT+02:00, Christian Reiss
<em...@christian-reiss.de> wrote:
>Thanks for replying,
>
>What I just wrote Stahil was:
>

>ACL is correctly set:
>
># file: 5aab365f-b1b9-49d0-b011-566bf936a100
># owner: vdsm
># group: kvm
>user::rw-
>group::rw-
>other::---
>
>Doing a setfacl failed due to "Operation not supported", remounting
>with
>acl, too:
>
>[root@node01 ~]# mount -o remount,acl
>/rhev/data-center/mnt/glusterSD/node01.dc-dus.dalason.net\:_ssd__storage/
>/bin/sh: glusterfs: command not found
>
>As I am running the oVirt node I am not sure how feasable
>down/upgrading
>is. I think I am stuck with what I have.
>
>Also, if this would be a permission issue, I would not be able to
>access
>the file at all. Seems I can access some of it. And all of it when root
>
>loaded the whole file first.
>

>I also did, even if it was correctly set, the chown from the mountpoint
>
>again, to no avail.
>

>On 04/02/2020 21:53, Christian Reiss wrote:
>>
>> ACL is correctly set:
>>
>> # file: 5aab365f-b1b9-49d0-b011-566bf936a100
>> # owner: vdsm
>> # group: kvm
>> user::rw-
>> group::rw-
>> other::---
>>
>> Doing a setfacl failed due to "Operation not supported", remounting
>with
>> acl, too:
>>
>> [root@node01 ~]# mount -o remount,acl
>>
>/rhev/data-center/mnt/glusterSD/node01.dc-dus.dalason.net\:_ssd__storage/
>> /bin/sh: glusterfs: command not found
>>
>> As I am running the oVirt node I am not sure how feasable
>down/upgrading
>> is. I think I am stuck with what I have.
>>
>> Also, if this would be a permission issue, I would not be able to
>access
>> the file at all. Seems I can access some of it. And all of it when
>root
>> loaded the whole file first.

Hey Christian,

The symptoms were the same:
1. sudo -u vdsm dd if=disk of=/dev/null bs=4M fails when the first shard is met
(64MB by default)
2. When brick log is set to trace -> it is confirmed that Glusger's ACL (not OS
one) is causing the issue
3.  If  the dd is run by root and immediately again with vdsm -> no issues at
all.

I'm just sharing my experience.

If you use the node , I guess  you can reboot and select in grub the previous
grub menu...

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov