In my case I am continuing with oVirt node 4.3.8 based gluster 6.7 for the
time being. I have resolved the issue by manually copying all disk images
to a new gluster volume which took days specially since disks on gluster
still don't support sparse file copy. But the threat of a temporary network
failure bringing down the complete oVirt setup is a bit too much risk.