You can add it in to a running ovirt cluster, it just isn’t as automatic. First
you need to enable Gluster in at the cluster settings level for a new or
existing cluster. Then either install/reinstall your nodes, or install gluster
manually and add vdsm-gluster packages. You can create a stand alone gluster
server set this way, you don’t need any vddm packages, but then you have to
create volumes manually. Once you’ve got that done, you can create bricks and
volumes in the GUI or by hand, and then add a new storage domain and start
using it. There may be ansible for some of this, but I haven’t done it in a
while and am not sure what’s available there.

  -Darrell