On April 1, 2020 4:53:42 AM GMT+03:00, Mark Steele <mste...@telvue.com> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>We are on an older version (3.x - cannot be specific as I cannot get my
>ovirt hosted engine up).
>
>We experienced a storage failure earlier this evening - the hosted
>engine
>was originally installed with this storage domain although we have
>moved
>all VM's and disks off of it.
>
>The storage was restored and all the VM's are now running, but the
>ovirt
>engine is not pinging and is unreachable.
>
>I have attempted to locate it on my HV's using 'virsh list --all' but
>only
>one of those is taking my credentials - all the others fail to
>authenticate.
>
>Is there a way to locate what the credentials are on each HV since the
>default is not working? Additionally, is there any other way to locate
>the
>hosted engine and restart it directly from a HV?
>
>Thank you for your time and consideration.
>

>***
>*Mark Steele*

For the virsh,  I use  this alias:
alias virsh='virsh -c
qemu:///system?authfile=/etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/virsh_auth.conf'

In order  to reach the HostedEngine, you need to first assign a console
password:
hosted-engine  --add-console-password --password=pass

It should provide you with IP/port  for the console connection (I use VNC, but
I'm not sure on v3.X).

Once you got a connection, you can try to fix the issue. Maybe it's just a bad
entry in /etc/fstab .

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov