On April 1, 2020 11:20:49 PM GMT+03:00, Nir Soffer <nsof...@redhat.com> wrote:
>On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 10:37 PM Mark Steele <mste...@telvue.com> wrote:
>
>> Eric - thank you - we have added this to our Wiki.
>>

>Looks like content for ovirt site:
>https://github.com/ovirt/ovirt-site
>
>To get read-only access you can use:
>
>    virsh -r list
>
>Without special configuration.
>
>Using read-write access and modifying vms managed by oVirt is asking
>for
>trouble. Should be
>used as a last resort if there is no way to control the vm via oVirt.
>
>Nir
>
>Best regards,
>>
>> ***
>> *Mark Steele*
>> CIO / VP Technical Operations | TelVue Corporation
>> TelVue - We Share Your Vision
>> 16000 Horizon Way, Suite 100 | Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
>> 800.885.8886 | mste...@telvue.com | http://www.telvue.com
>> twitter: http://twitter.com/telvue | facebook:
>> https://www.facebook.com/telvue
>>

>> On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 3:18 PM <eev...@digitaldatatechs.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Sasl-passwd <local account> It will give you access to virsh on
>nodes to
>>> check status of vm’s etc.
>>>

>>> Eric Evans
>>>
>>> Digital Data Services LLC.
>>>
>>> 304.660.9080

The auth file  is located  at /etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/virsh_auth.conf

The simple alias:
alias virsh='virsh -c
qemu:///system?authfile=/etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/virsh_auth.conf'

Is enough to play with the toys directly :)
It's quite handy if  you need to play  with the HostedEngine VM :)

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov