On Thu, Jul 30, 2020, 23:03 Philip Brown <pbr...@medata.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to allow a particular iSCSI VLAN to be available to all hosts..
> but also to a few select VMs.
>
> Im finding this challenging, since prior to now, I did host iSCSI config
> on the host-local level.
> i used the cockpit GUI to create a "VLAN" entity, assigned it to an
> interface, and then configured an IP address.
>
> But when I attempt to create a "network"(/aka VLAN) entity from the main
> hosted-engine level.. it seems to conflict with prior host-local created
> ones.
>
> and when I remove the host-local entries...
> I no longer seem to have a way in the GUI to create IP addresses for the
> host, from host cockpit?
> It recognises that the entity exists, but put it in the "unmanaged"
> section.
>
> So.. how can I handle this best?

This should be straightforward from within engine gui. No need to mess with
cockpit. At networks you add a network and tag it with required vlan. Flag
the network as VM network, so as to become available for guest VM use. Then
at each host, at the network management interface of the host, you drag the
new network at the needed physical interface. Repeat same for all hosts and
you're done.