On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 10:33 AM Raphael Höser <raph...@hoeser.info> wrote:

> Hi Didi,
>
> thanks for your input, sadly this doesn't change anything of the described
> behavior.
> (Also just to mention: It takes way less then a second to get to the cleanup
> - in case this provides some hints)

It does - and also the full log below. It means it fails on the host,
not inside the engine vm.

It probably fails because our internal "minidnf" does not support all
the stuff you try to do to dnf.

engine-setup has an option '--offline', but sadly hosted-engine
--deploy does not have it.

You can try:

hosted-engine --deploy
--otopi-environment=PACKAGER/dnfpackagerEnabled=bool:False

Or perhaps:

hosted-engine --deploy
--otopi-environment="PACKAGER/dnfpackagerEnabled=bool:False
PACKAGER/yumpackagerEnabled=bool:False"

I think this should be enough, didn't try.

> [...]
> prepare internal mirrorlist: Status code: 407 for
> http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=8&arch=x86_64&repo=AppStream&infra=$infra
>  (IP: 10.201.210.68)
> [ ERROR ] Failed to execute stage 'Environment setup': Failed to download
> metadata for repo 'AppStream': Cannot prepare internal mirrorlist: Status
> code: 407 for
> http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=8&arch=x86_64&repo=AppStream&infra=$infra
>  (IP: 10.201.210.68)
> [ INFO  ] Stage: Clean up
> [ INFO  ] Cleaning temporary resources
> [ INFO  ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Execute just a specific set of
> steps]
> [ INFO  ] ok: [localhost]
> [ INFO  ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Force facts gathering]
> [ INFO  ] ok: [localhost]
> [ INFO  ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Fetch logs from the engine VM]
> [ INFO  ] ok: [localhost]
> [ INFO  ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Set destination directory path]
> [ INFO  ] ok: [localhost]
> [ INFO  ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Create destination directory]
> [ INFO  ] changed: [localhost]
> [ INFO  ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : include_tasks]
> [ INFO  ] ok: [localhost]
> [ INFO  ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Find the local appliance image]
> [ INFO  ] ok: [localhost]
> [ INFO  ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Set local_vm_disk_path]
> [ INFO  ] skipping: [localhost]
> [ INFO  ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Give the vm time to flush dirty
> buffers]
> [ INFO  ] ok: [localhost]
> [ INFO  ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Copy engine logs]
> [ INFO  ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : include_tasks]
> [ INFO  ] ok: [localhost]
> [ INFO  ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Remove local vm dir]
> [ INFO  ] ok: [localhost]
> [ INFO  ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Remove temporary entry in
> /etc/hosts for the local VM]
> [ INFO  ] ok: [localhost]
> [ INFO  ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Clean local storage pools]
> [ INFO  ] ok: [localhost]
> [ INFO  ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Destroy local storage-pool {{
> he_local_vm_dir | basename }}]
> [ INFO  ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Undefine local storage-pool {{
> he_local_vm_dir | basename }}]
> [ INFO  ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Destroy local storage-pool {{
> local_vm_disk_path.split('/')[5] }}]
> [ INFO  ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Undefine local storage-pool {{
> local_vm_disk_path.split('/')[5] }}]
> [ INFO  ] Generating answer file
> '/var/lib/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/answers/answers-20200819092723.conf'
> [ INFO  ] Stage: Pre-termination
> [ INFO  ] Stage: Termination
> [ ERROR ] Hosted Engine deployment failed
>           Log file is located at
> /var/log/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup-20200819092656-jh53ut.log

Didi