Thanks Didi,

> On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 10:33 AM Raphael Höser <raphael(a)hoeser.info&gt;
> wrote:
>
> It does - and also the full log below. It means it fails on the host,
> not inside the engine vm.
I meant, that the output wasn't changed by this.

> It probably fails because our internal "minidnf" does not support all
> the stuff you try to do to dnf.
This seems to be the case.

> You can try:
>
> hosted-engine --deploy
> --otopi-environment=PACKAGER/dnfpackagerEnabled=bool:False
This Works!

Thanks a lot for your support!

For anyone stumbling upon this at a later point:
This workaround might work for you, if you made changes to /etc/dnf/dnf.conf
for dnf to work on your CentOS8 instance.
In our case the problem was the proxy authentication method dnf uses.

---
Raphael