On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 11:18 AM <r...@isogmbh.de> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> currently my team is evaluating oVirt and we're also testing several fail
> scenarios, backup and so on.
> One scenario was:
> - hyperconverged oVirt cluster with 3 nodes
> - self-hosted engine
> - simulate the break down of one of the nodes by power off
> - to replace it make a clean install of a new node and reintegrate it in the
> cluster

How exactly did you do that?

> Actually everything worked out fine. The new installed node and related
> bricks (vmstore, data, engine) were added to the existing Gluster storage and
> it was added to the oVirt cluster (as host).
>
> But there's one remaining problem: The new host doesn't have the grey crown,
> which means it's unable to run the hosted engine. How can I achieve that?
> I also found out that the ovirt-ha-agent and ovirt-ha-broker isn't
> started/enabled on that node. Reason is that the
> /etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/hosted-engine.conf doesn't exist. I guess this is
> not only a problem concerning the hosted engine, but also for HA VM's.

When you add a host to the engine, one of the options in the dialog is
to deploy it as a hosted-engine.
If you don't, you won't get this crown, nor these services, nor its
status in 'hosted-engine --vm-status'.

If you didn't, perhaps try to move to maintenance and reinstall,
adding this option.

If you did choose it, that's perhaps a bug - please check/share
relevant logs (e.g. in /var/log/ovirt-engine, including host-deploy/).

Best regards,

> Thank you for any advice and greetings,
> Marcus

Didi