On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 10:10 AM Rapsilber, Marcus
<marcus.rapsil...@isotravel.com> wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> to answer your question, how did I make a clean install and reintegrate the
> node in the cluster? Maybe my approach was a bit awkward/inconvenient, but
> this is what I did:
> - Install CentOS 8
> - Install oVirt Repository and packages: cockpit-ovirt-dashboard,
> vdsm-gluster, ovirt-host
> - Remove the Gluster bricks of the old node from the data/engine/vmstore
> volumes
> - Process a single cluster node installation on the new node via the oVirt
> Dashboard, in order to setup Gluster and the bricks (hosted-engine setup was
> skipped)
> - On the new node: Delete the vmstore/engine/data volumes and the file
> metadata in the bricks folder
> - Added the bricks to the volumes of the existing cluster again
> - Added the host to the cluster
>
> Would you suggest a better approach to setup a new node for an existing
> cluster?

Sorry, I have no experience with gluster, so can't comment on your
particular steps, although they sound reasonable.
the main missing thing is enabling hosted-engine when adding the host
to the engine.

> At this point I'm not sure if I just overlooked the "hosted engine deployment
> action" when I've added the new host. Unfortunately I cannot try to edit the
> host anymore since my colleague did another reinstall of the node.

Very well.

If this happens again, please tell us.

Best regards,

--