On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 5:01 PM Gary Lloyd <g.ll...@keele.ac.uk> wrote:

> I ended up cheating in the end.
> I copied vdsmcert.pem and vdsmkey.pem from the host that is still working to
> the others and did a chown on the files.
> All the hosts are back online without downtime. I must have rebuilt that
> server a couple of years after the other ones.

Nice hack! :-)

Please note that you take a risk here. The cert includes the hostname,
and now it's not matching the hostname that the client (the engine, in
this case, or another host, e.g. for VM migration) expects. So if some
piece of software checks this, it might fail. Personally, I wouldn't
stay in this state for long.

Best regards,
--
Didi