Hi Seann,

On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 8:31 PM Seann G. Clark via Users <users@ovirt.org>
wrote:

> All,
>

> After a power failure, and generator failure I lost my cluster, and the
> Hosted engine refused to restart after power was restored. I would expect,
> once storage comes up that the hosted engine comes back online without too
> much of a fight. In practice because the SPM went down as well, there is no
> (clearly documented) way to clear any of the stale locks, and no way to
> recover both the hosted engine and the cluster.

Could you provide more details/logs on storage not coming up? Also more
information about the current locks would be great, is there any procedure
you tried that did not work for cleaning those up?

I have spent the last 12 hours trying to get a functional hosted-engine
> back online, on a new node and each attempt hits a new error, from the
> installer not understanding that 16384mb of dedicated VM memory out of
> 192GB free on the host is indeed bigger than 4096MB, to ansible dying  on
> an error like this “Error while executing action: Cannot add Storage
> Connection. Storage connection already exists.”
>
> The memory error referenced above shows up as:
>
> [ ERROR ] fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg":
> "Available memory ( {'failed': False, 'changed': False, 'ansible_facts':
> {u'max_mem': u'180746'}}MB ) is less then the minimal requirement (4096MB).
> Be aware that 512MB is reserved for the host and cannot be allocated to the
> engine VM."}
>
> That is what I typically get when I try the steps outlined in the KB
> “CHAPTER 7. RECOVERING A SELF-HOSTED ENGINE FROM AN EXISTING BACKUP” from
> the RH Customer portal. I have tried this numerous ways, and the cluster
> still remains in a bad state, with the hosted engine being 100% inoperable.

This could be a bug in the ansible role, did that happen during
"hosted-engine --deploy" or other part of the recovery guide? Provide logs
here as well please, its seems like a completely separate issue though.