The storage domain lists the type as "Local on Host". It's been a while since I
set it up, but I thought the engine deployment had an option for local storage.
The VM's reside in a directory under /opt on the Physical Host.

https://i.postimg.cc/z3mMNj3J/Capture.png

I forget which version I actually deployed.. but it's at 4.4.5.11-1.el8 now.

Prior to installing oVirt, I was using KVM, but where I worked at the time
migrated from Oracle's old 'OVM' to 'OLVM' which is basically an older version
of oVirt with an Oracle icon :)

The Oracle version wouldn't allow for local storage in any form. So I was
pleasantly surprised that the version of oVirt I installed at home did allow
it. I already had a NFS share setup anticipating that I would need to use NFS
for my home setup, but didn't actually need it.

Thing is.. I'm just spoiled with SSD data transfer/access/write speeds now,
lol. I do keep various data I don't access constantly on some spinning disks,
like media, ISO files and such. But for OS booting speeds - completely
accustomed to SSD!

I'll be looking forward to using those SSDs I have. They have been sitting for
almost a year now in a drawer.