Hi all,

I am new here, been searching the mailing list on a regular base when I
encountered problems and till now I always was able to keep the system up &
running.
As said... till now...
I have oVirt at home, and I have about 7 vm's running on it. Lately I have had
some troubles with my electricity, which results in a complete power outage on
a irregular base.
Yesterday I had a power outage which left the system unbootable with the
following errors:

error: ../../grub-core/loader/i386/pc/linux.c:170:invalid magic number.
error: ../../grub-core/loader/i386/pc/linux.c:1418:you need to load the kernel
first.
Press any key to continue

Normally this can be solved following
https://access.redhat.com/solutions/5829141, but his time also the files in
/boot had a size of 0 bytes.  So basically i did not have a working kernel on
the system anymore.

https://www.thegeekdiary.com/centos-rhel-7-how-to-install-kernel-from-rescue-mode/
 does work for CentOS 8 also, but the ovirt 4.8 iso does not have the same
directory structure. Using CentOS 8 installs a kernel, but not a bootable
system.

Is there a way i can start the installer in troubleshooting mode so I can
reinstall just the kernel on the system?