Hi Strahil,

that worked in the end after some fiddling...
Installing a different kernel wasn't enough, apparently the bootloader
was not updated, until I create the grub2 bootloader again.
System is now up & running again, only shows degraded state...
Creating backups (ova) first, move them to another hypervisor and
let's see what the problem is