On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 11:16 AM Nathanaël Blanchet <blanc...@abes.fr>
wrote:

> [...]
> networks out-of-sync.
> On the BZ there are two possible workarounds.
>
> Not seems to be that BZ because there is no out of sync network in my
> case, but the issue could be from the same root cause, because of NM
> routing table integration.
>

> This behaviour is new with 4.4.9 and I don't know if it is a new (and
> not achevied) network feature introduced with centos stream to deal
> network filtering packets.
>

> A simple workaround would be "nmcli connection mod migration
> ipv4.route-table 0 && nmcli con up migration", but I'd like to
> understand why such  strange (and unuseful ?) rule table are now
> randomly attributed?
>

> I would highly suggest against that because the default route in the
> default table should be only one, with exception to some backup scenarios.
>
> Notice that this command doesn't add additionnal default route in addition
> to the main one, but only source route of the defined networks that allow
> hosts to be reachabled on that networks.
>
> [root@fuego ~]# ip ro
> default via 10.34.100.65 dev ovirtmgmt proto dhcp metric 425
> 10.34.100.0/24 dev ovirtmgmt proto kernel scope link src 10.34.100.116
> metric 425
> 10.34.106.0/23 dev admin proto kernel scope link src 10.34.107.76 metric
> 450
> 10.34.108.0/23 dev migration proto kernel scope link src 10.34.108.121
> metric 465
>
> This behaviour is the same as before 4.4.8 and let the live migration to
> be effective because kernel is now aware to route the network to the
> correct bridge/interface.
>
> To my mind, you can easily reproduce the bug because it is the same on my
> 10 hosts.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>

> If I understand it right your networks do not have any gateway (except the
> default route role) associated with them right?
> So you are essentially missing the network routes to be in the main table.
> In that case you can workaround it by setting the table to main as you did
> or copy the routes. But even better option would be to add gateway to those
> networks so it can properly create route rules which will then tell the
> kernel where to route packets that are going from those networks.
>
> Okay when defining static IPs but in my case with DHCP, there is no pushed
> gw for those networks(I could add then for each network into dchp conf but
> this is not what I want)
>

> This was working before because the NM was not aware that we have some
> routes in different tables and created network routes in the default table.
>
> Now the question is if it is a bug as this was more unintentional before.
> If you feel like this should be working the same way please open a bug and
> we can discuss it there.
>
> Overall it is a bug because live migration fails and it is a regression!!!
> Nevermind how the network is dealt by NM if everything works as expected.

Actually this is related to a different issue with dynamic source routing,
that was fixed in 4.5, you are also missing the route rules.
E.g. for the migration network.
3200: from 10.34.108.0/23 lookup 316605387
3200: from all to 10.34.108.0/23 lookup  316605387

By adding them the network should work again:
ip rule add from 10.34.108.0/23 lookup 316605387 priority 3200
ip rule add from all to 10.34.108.0/23 lookup  316605387 priority 3200