Le 30/11/2021 à 12:00, Ales Musil a écrit :

On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 11:16 AM Nathanaël Blanchet <blanc...@abes.fr <mailto:blanc...@abes.fr>> wrote:

    Le 30 nov. 2021 10:31, Ales Musil <amu...@redhat.com
    <mailto:amu...@redhat.com>> a écrit :

        On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 10:08 AM Nathanaël Blanchet
        <blanc...@abes.fr <mailto:blanc...@abes.fr>> wrote:

            Le 30/11/2021 à 07:25, Ales Musil a écrit :

                On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 11:47 PM Nathanaël Blanchet
                <blanc...@abes.fr <mailto:blanc...@abes.fr>> wrote:

                    Hi all,

                Hi,

                    I 've finished migration from 4.4.4 to 4.4.9 and
                    I'm facing a strange
                    issue with routing table on my hosts: all IP
                    addressed interfaces (and
                    in particular gluster and migration ones that
                    requiere an IP) are not
                    part of the "254" or "0" usual ip rule.

                Only network with default route role will be in the
                default table (254). This has been the case for quite
                a while.
                What has changed in 4.4.8 is that now NetworkManager
                is aware of that, before the routes were managed
                outside of
                NM and it might have caused some issues.

                    for instance:

                    [root@fuego ~]# nmcli con sh gluster |grep
                    ipv4.route-table
                    ipv4.route-table:                       202179335

                    [root@fuego ~]# nmcli con sh migration |grep
                    ipv4.route-table
                    ipv4.route-table:                       316605387

                    but ovirtmgmt:

                    [root@fuego ~]# nmcli con sh ovirtmgmt |grep
                    ipv4.route-table
                    ipv4.route-table:                       254 (main)

                    and obviously the main route table is empty:

                    [root@ ~]# ip ro
                    default via 10.34.100.65 dev ovirtmgmt proto dhcp
                    metric 425
                    10.34.100.0/24 <http://10.34.100.0/24> dev
                    ovirtmgmt proto kernel scope link src 10.34.100.116
                    metric 425

                Well the main table should contain only the default
                route gateway.
                You can take a look at other routes by:
                ip route show table all

            Indeed, other routes exists

            [root@fuego ~]# ip ro sh table all
            10.34.101.0/24 <http://10.34.101.0/24> dev gluster table
            202179335 proto kernel scope link src 10.34.101.140 metric
            426
            10.34.106.0/23 <http://10.34.106.0/23> dev admin table
            100729354 proto kernel scope link src 10.34.106.72 metric 425
            10.34.108.0/23 <http://10.34.108.0/23> dev migration table
            316605387 proto kernel scope link src 10.34.108.56 metric 427

            but don't seem to be used by kernel like they should be by
            the main table.

                    None of the concerned hosts can ping each other on
                    such interface, and
                    live migrations systematically fail.

                That might be a different issue related to BZ#2022354
                <https://bugzilla.redhat.com/2022354>. To check if
                that's really the case
                please take a look into oVirt engine and there you
                should see all affected networks out-of-sync.
                On the BZ there are two possible workarounds.

            Not seems to be that BZ because there is no out of sync
            network in my case, but the issue could be from the same
            root cause, because of NM routing table integration.

                    This behaviour is new with 4.4.9 and I don't know
                    if it is a new (and
                    not achevied) network feature introduced with
                    centos stream to deal
                    network filtering packets.

                    A simple workaround would be "nmcli connection mod
                    migration
                    ipv4.route-table 0 && nmcli con up migration", but
                    I'd like to
                    understand why such  strange (and unuseful ?) rule
                    table are now
                    randomly attributed?

                I would highly suggest against that because the
                default route in the default table should be only one,
                with exception to some backup scenarios.

            Notice that this command doesn't add additionnal default
            route in addition to the main one, but only source route
            of the defined networks that allow hosts to be reachabled
            on that networks.

            [root@fuego ~]# ip ro
            default via 10.34.100.65 dev ovirtmgmt proto dhcp metric 425
            10.34.100.0/24 <http://10.34.100.0/24> dev ovirtmgmt proto
            kernel scope link src 10.34.100.116 metric 425
            10.34.106.0/23 <http://10.34.106.0/23> dev admin proto
            kernel scope link src 10.34.107.76 metric 450
            10.34.108.0/23 <http://10.34.108.0/23> dev migration proto
            kernel scope link src 10.34.108.121 metric 465

            This behaviour is the same as before 4.4.8 and let the
            live migration to be effective because kernel is now aware
            to route the network to the correct bridge/interface.

            To my mind, you can easily reproduce the bug because it is
            the same on my 10 hosts.

            Thanks for your help.

        If I understand it right your networks do not have any gateway
        (except the default route role) associated with them right?
        So you are essentially missing the network routes to be in the
        main table.
        In that case you can workaround it by setting the table to
        main as you did or copy the routes. But even better option
        would be to add gateway to those
        networks so it can properly create route rules which will then
        tell the kernel where to route packets that are going from
        those networks.

    Okay when defining static IPs but in my case with DHCP, there is
    no pushed gw for those networks(I could add then for each network
    into dchp conf but this is not what I want)

        This was working before because the NM was not aware that we
        have some routes in different tables and created network
        routes in the default table.

        Now the question is if it is a bug as this was more
        unintentional before. If you feel like this should be working
        the same way please open a bug and we can discuss it there.

    Overall it is a bug because live migration fails and it is a
    regression!!! Nevermind how the network is dealt by NM if
    everything works as expected.

Actually this is related to a different issue with dynamic source routing, that was fixed in 4.5, you are also missing the route rules.
E.g. for the migration network.
3200: from 10.34.108.0/23 <http://10.34.108.0/23> lookup 316605387
3200: from all to 10.34.108.0/23 <http://10.34.108.0/23> lookup 316605387

By adding them the network should work again:
ip rule add from 10.34.108.0/23 <http://10.34.108.0/23> lookup 316605387 priority 3200 ip rule add from all to 10.34.108.0/23 <http://10.34.108.0/23> lookup 316605387 priority 3200

Indeed it works now. So you mean it is a known and corrected bug in future 4.5 or 4.4.5 relased? Can you give me the BZ, I didn't find it.

Will the fix be incorporated in a 4.4.x release?

        Thanks,
        Ales

-- Nathanaël Blanchet

                    Supervision réseau
                    SIRE
                    227 avenue Professeur-Jean-Louis-Viala
                    34193 MONTPELLIER CEDEX 5
                    Tél. 33 (0)4 67 54 84 55
                    Fax  33 (0)4 67 54 84 14
                    blanc...@abes.fr <mailto:blanc...@abes.fr>
                    Privacy Statement:
                    https://www.ovirt.org/privacy-policy.html
                    <https://www.ovirt.org/privacy-policy.html>

<https://www.ovirt.org/community/about/community-guidelines/>
                    List Archives:

https://lists.ovirt.org/archives/list/users@ovirt.org/message/QQR2XW7EYWGWYRCKLVBCUUA4VURDHRB7/

<https://lists.ovirt.org/archives/list/users@ovirt.org/message/QQR2XW7EYWGWYRCKLVBCUUA4VURDHRB7/>

                Let us know if it's the mentioned bug, if not we can
                investigate deeper what might be wrong.

                Thank you.
                Best Regards,
                Ales