Should have replied to the main thread before, my b.

Switching to centos 8 stream did the trick! I had to add the release44.rpm
again, but after the ovirt-hosted-engine-setupp.noarch install, I was able to
run `hosted-engine --deploy`!

Inside that hosted-engine command, the setup is failing at "Detecting host
timezone. Please provide FQDN you would like to use...".
I did the default "enter", and it says:

Failed to execute stage 'Environment customization': Empty strings are not
supported!

But I'll poke at it again tonight/tomorrow, just wanted to update here. I
haven't had a chance to poke at that at ALL yet. I'm more-so curious if I'm on
the right path for a single-machine install, and wanted to update you all on
the CentOS fix.

Thanks!