Am I pessimistic about the future of oVirt? Quite honestely, yes.

Do I want it to fail? Absolutely not! In fact I wanted it to be a viable and
reliable product and live up to its motto "designed to manage your entire
enterprise infrastructure".

It turned out to be very mixed: It has bugs, I consider rather debilitating. It
has also survived critical failures in hardware, that would have resulted in
data loss and didn't because Gluster provided replicas that survived.

I have reported on both success and failure. You look through my posts, you
will find them both.

My impression is that leaders in the oVirt community have not been transparent
enough about the quality of the support they provide to the various parts. E.g.
it was only very recently that Nir wrote, that HCI was only ever supported by
Gluster contributors and not tested by the oVirt core teams.

I believe that the EOL of the downstream products will accelerate the dwindling
of the communty Sandro has described in his post. I honestly want to be wrong,
after all I am losing years of work and expertise.

So I posted this report on Xcp-ng, because it may be an options, who like me
cannot operate on hope alone, but need to provide a service their users can
trust to have a future without an EOL already formulated.

I would recommend that you all do a proper assessment of both platforms and
potentially others out there and learn from each other.

With factionism the state of the art cannot progress.