It actually turned out to be remnants of a bad engine setup, once I cleared it
up I got past that.
Now I am at the point where I upgraded my engine to 4.5 as my latest working
backup was a 4.5 engine. Reason I didnt deploy the engine with the backup was
because node is on 4.4 and engine was originally on 4.4 so it was a process to
get it up then upgrade and then finally try to restore.

Upon restoring I am getting this error, I have already run engine-cleanup prior
although it is failing to connect to the database
[WARNING] Cannot connect to Engine database using existing credentials:
engine@localhost:5432
[WARNING] Cannot connect to DWH database using existing credentials:
ovirt_engine_history@localhost:5432
[WARNING] Cannot connect to database for grafana using existing credentials:
ovirt_engine_history_grafana@localhost:5432

In turn restores fail too:
[root@eng /]# engine-backup --mode=restore
--file=ovirt-engine-backup-20220504011012.backup  --log=restore5.log
Start of engine-backup with mode 'restore'
scope: all
archive file: ovirt-engine-backup-20220504011012.backup
log file: restore5.log
Preparing to restore:
- Unpacking file 'ovirt-engine-backup-20220504011012.backup'
Restoring:
- Files
Provisioning PostgreSQL users/databases:
- user 'engine', database 'engine'
FATAL: Existing database 'engine' or user 'engine' found and temporary ones
created - Please clean up everything and try again