I have multiple aging clusters that I now need to upgrade both the host OS and
the oVirt release. I have seen the notes about upgrading 4.2 to 4.3 and then
being able to upgrade to 4.5, but what's not so clear is how to upgrade the
host nodes' OS versions. After thinking about it, I wonder if this method is
sane. Any advice or guidance is greatly appreciated.

1) spin up a new cluster running oVirt 4.5.x on the latest Rocky Linux release.
2) shutdown VMs on the original cluster
3) detach the domain storage
4) snapshot the domain storage (for rollback)
5) import the domain on the new cluster.
6) reload the OS on the original cluster to the new OS release (no local
storage)
7) add those hosts to the new cluster