On 2018/12/05 16:37:47, Tilman Hausherr <thaush...@t-online.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can you share (upload to a sharehoster) the PDF?
>
> I think that is the message that appears on PDF with XFA forms. Try also
> to display this PDF with PDFDebugger.
>
> Tilman
>
> Am 05.12.2018 um 16:48 schrieb robertdec...@gmail.com:
> > Friends,
> >
> > I dont know if you can help me with my problem, but i figured I would try
> > and ask. I have a simple text extraction java class using PDFBox which
> > reads a pdf file, opens it, and extracts text. It has been working for
> > quite sometime. The website we download our PDF's from recently made
> > changes to their published PDF files. The only difference i see with their
> > files are in the Security tab in the properties section. The following
> > restrictions setting are now set to, Not Allowed;  Signing and Creation of
> > Template Pages. There is also a message which says; * This PDF from
> > restricts some operations.
> > When I print output from my class the following is printed;
> > LINE ***Please wait...
> > LINE ***
> > LINE ***If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents
> > of the document, your PDF
> > LINE ***viewer may not be able to display this type of document.
> > LINE ***
> > LINE ***You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®,
> > Mac, or Linux® by
> > LINE ***visiting  http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download.
> > LINE ***
> > LINE ***For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit
> > http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader.
> > LINE ***
> > LINE ***Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of
> > Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a
> > trademark
> > LINE ***of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries.
> > Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other
> > LINE ***countries.
> >
> > It appears as if the contents of the PDF are being blocked and replaced
> > with the messages above.
> > Random PDF files with all of the settings set to Allowed, can still be
> > opened and text extracted with my java class. Any ideas or help is greatly
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks

 Hi Tilman,
I ran it through the PDFDebugger and the error message came up in the what
looked like a PDF viewer. I am behind a firewall, so i can not upload a
document, but if you download this PDF it should give you the results i am
seeing.
https://dibbs2.bsm.dla.mil/Downloads/RFQ/3/SPE4A519T6213.PDF

Thanks for your help.