On Wed Sep 08 20:31:47 PDT 2021 thaush...@t-online.de said:
>Ooops, you didn't mention that you turned antialiasing off. The image
>looks as if interpolation was also turned off. If you set rendering
>hints you always have to set all the hints you need. Here's the default:
>
>    private RenderingHints createDefaultRenderingHints(Graphics2D graphics)
>    {
>        RenderingHints r = new RenderingHints(null);
>        r.put(RenderingHints.KEY_INTERPOLATION, isBitonal(graphics) ?
>RenderingHints.VALUE_INTERPOLATION_NEAREST_NEIGHBOR :
>                RenderingHints.VALUE_INTERPOLATION_BICUBIC);
>        r.put(RenderingHints.KEY_RENDERING,
>RenderingHints.VALUE_RENDER_QUALITY);
>        r.put(RenderingHints.KEY_ANTIALIASING, isBitonal(graphics) ?
>RenderingHints.VALUE_ANTIALIAS_OFF :
>RenderingHints.VALUE_ANTIALIAS_ON);
>        return r;
>    }

So, setting one Rendering Hint discards all default values?  What does it use
for those others then?

Just tried with this set:
                hintlist.put(RenderingHints.KEY_ANTIALIASING,
RenderingHints.VALUE_ANTIALIAS_OFF);
                hintlist.put(RenderingHints.KEY_TEXT_ANTIALIASING,
RenderingHints.VALUE_TEXT_ANTIALIAS_OFF);
                hintlist.put(RenderingHints.KEY_INTERPOLATION,
RenderingHints.VALUE_INTERPOLATION_BICUBIC);
                hintlist.put(RenderingHints.KEY_RENDERING,
RenderingHints.VALUE_RENDER_QUALITY);
                hintlist.put(RenderingHints.KEY_FRACTIONALMETRICS,
RenderingHints.VALUE_FRACTIONALMETRICS_ON);

I also tried a variation with VALUE_INTERPOLATION_NEAREST_NEIGHBOR.

No change.  Still looks like random pixels scattered on the page.

--

Tigers prowl and Dragons soar in my dreams...