I just double checked the documentation, and I had missed the admin command
that solves my question. No need for any help or replies at this point.

It’s defined at the following link, in case anyone needs the reference.

http://pulsar.apache.org/docs/en/pulsar-admin/#set-auto-topic-creation

Thanks,
Michael