2008/12/31 Adam Chase <adam.cha...@gmail.com>:

> But between the pop and the delete, a message is added to the queue.
> This is possible, right?

Yes. In general, I don't like comparisons between RDBMSs and
messaging, but I think here there are some parallels. Most RDBMSs
don't have transactional DDL and it is the same with AMQP (the edge
cases tend to be quite troublesome). Also any design involving a lot
of DDL at runtime doesn't feel quite right when using an RDBMS.

It would be useful I think if you could outline what you are trying to
achieve - I think there are almost certainly other ways of designing
the solution. For example, have you considered using message
selectors?

Thanks,
Robert