Hello there,

i'm completely new to the QPID technology, and I'm already getting trouble
when attempting to generate the broker application in Visual Studio 2008,
running under Windows XP.

I've been following the installation guide that can be found here:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid/cpp/INSTALL-WINDOWS

so I've installed Boost, Python and Ruby, set the environment variables,
etc... I've checked out QPID from here :
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/ and later on generated the code
following the guide.

When trying to build the broker, I get the following compilation errors:

2>Broker2.obj : error LNK2019: símbolo externo "public: __thiscall
qpid::broker::QueueEvents::~QueueEvents(void)" (??1queueeve...@broker@qpid@
@q...@xz) sin resolver al que se hace referencia en la función "public:
virtual __thiscall qpid::broker::Broker::~Broker(void)" (??1bro...@broker
@qpid@@u...@xz)
2>Broker2.obj : error LNK2019: símbolo externo "public: __thiscall
qpid::broker::QueueEvents::QueueEvents(class boost::shared_ptr<class
qpid::sys::Poller> const &)" (??0queueeve...@broker@qpid@@q...@abv
?$shared_...@vpoller@s...@qpid@@@boost@@@Z) sin resolver al que se hace
referencia en la función "public: __thiscall
qpid::broker::Broker::Broker(struct qpid::broker::Broker::Options const &)"
(??0bro...@broker@qpid@@q...@abuoptions@012@@Z)
2>Broker2.obj : error LNK2019: símbolo externo "public: void __thiscall
qpid::broker::QueueEvents::shutdown(void)" (?shutd...@queueevents
@bro...@qpid@@QAEXXZ) sin resolver al que se hace referencia en la función
"public: virtual __thiscall qpid::broker::Broker::~Broker(void)"
(??1bro...@broker@qpid@@u...@xz)
2>Queue2.obj : error LNK2019: símbolo externo "public: void __thiscall
qpid::broker::QueueEvents::enqueued(struct qpid::broker::QueuedMessage const
&)" (?enque...@queueevents@bro...@qpid@@qaexabuqueuedmess...@23@@Z) sin
resolver al que se hace referencia en la función "private: void __thiscall
qpid::broker::Queue::push(class boost::intrusive_ptr<class
qpid::broker::Message> &)" (?p...@queue@bro...@qpid
@@aaexaav?$intrusive_...@vmessage@bro...@qpid@@@boost@@@Z)
2>Queue2.obj : error LNK2019: símbolo externo "public: void __thiscall
qpid::broker::QueueEvents::dequeued(struct qpid::broker::QueuedMessage const
&)" (?deque...@queueevents@bro...@qpid@@qaexabuqueuedmess...@23@@Z) sin
resolver al que se hace referencia en la función "private: void __thiscall
qpid::broker::Queue::dequeued(struct qpid::broker::QueuedMessage const &)"
(?deque...@queue@bro...@qpid@@aaexabuqueuedmess...@23@@Z)
2>Static_Debug\qpidbroker.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 5 externos sin resolver

The compiler is in spanish, but anyway, these errors are referring to '
unresolved external symbols '.  This happens at  the end  of the compilation
process, when linking the program.

Does anyone know what could be the problem here? It's starting to get quite
annoying, since everytime I rebuilt it takes ages.

Thanks in advance.