2009/1/30 Andrew Wright <atwri...@mac.com>:
> Apologies, I've confused the options rather. We'd thought about using the
> dynamic federation features in M4 to get effective point-to-point links
> between 'entry' nodes, and 'processing' nodes, in a distributed app. The
> idea was that each app node would subscribe to a subset of incoming messages
> (for load balancing), and the federation would take care of getting the
> messages to the right place. Ideally there'd be no message loss in the case
> of app node failover, ie, we want to maintain the contents of an incoming
> work queue if the destination point of a dynamically federated queue
> changed. I'd thought perhaps the atomic rebinding feature could be useful
> here.

And you are using Coherence as the grid, with the grid nodes as the
processing nodes? If so, I would be very tempted to use the
InvocableMap feature of Coherence and have the messages injected into
the grid using that method. That will guarantee that if a node goes
down as it is processing a message it is automatically handled by the
backup node.

For the injector nodes, I would using a number of nodes with a queue
to round-robin between the nodes.

I am not sure how the topic helps here - it will go to all subscribers
so unless the operation is idempotent you would have to handle which
subscriber is the "master"?

RG