I have the 0.5 broker and direct_producer running on Linux, and I have the
0.5 C++ direct listener example code running in Windows. I have transferred
tons of messages, and all seems to be working fine under normal conditions.
I am using persistent queues and messages - all work very well. I am now
testing abnormal conditions, like network failure and recovery. When the
network is disconnected on the Linux end,  the producer continues to
generate the transactions and they are queued as expected. However, the
listener  is not recovering when the cable is plugged back in on the Linux
end, sometimes it does, and sometimes it does not. qpid-tool shows the
messages and none are lost. I don't see an error on the listener side when
it hangs, it appears to be waiting, but it never receives any more messages
until I restart it.

How do I get the listener to reconnect when it gets in the above described
state?