I have tried the client on linux, with the same results. All of the messages
are delivered - but they are out of order if the connection is broken. My
application requires delivery in chronological order - and when the
connection is intact all of the messages are delivered in order. When the
connection is broken, and then reestablished, the messages are out of order.

Am I missing something in the broker configuration? Is there a way to reject
the messages that are out of order?