I agree that bumping the nofile limit should get around the error. But,
first consider if you expected that you'd need over 1000 sockets open.
If you expected you'd be using far fewer than that, then looking for
that problem is more important.

Good luck,

-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Total Lifecycle Support for Your Networked Applications