On 11/12/2011 02:31 AM, Ilya Haykinson wrote:
Managed to solve the problem by getting multicast enabled on the router.

What tripped me up was that the brokers would connect (making it seem like
multicast was working), only to lose connection. I would have imagined that
with multicast disabled on the router there wouldn't be any way for brokers
to discover each other. Do they fall back to using broadcast then?

No, clustered brokers need multicast to talk to each other. There is a TCP connection to new brokers joining to give them an initial 'snapshot' of the state, but even that needs multicast to find out the IP address to connect to.