On 03/28/2013 08:52 PM, Bill Freeman wrote:
So it occurs to me to ask whether the correspondence between named queue
and object id survives broker restarts?

I believe with QMFv2 and qpidd, the object identifiers for queues are formed from the package, the class and the queue's name. So although the management id is not persisted, it would be the same on recovery (as it is essentially the queue name).

And I presume that deleting and recreating queues can change their object
IDs?

No, I believe deleting and recreating a queue will result in the same identifier being used since the name is the same.

So, then, are Queue and Exchange the class (I'm guessing from the code I've
read).  Could you please explain packages?

The package is really just a namespace. The goal of QMF was to be able to define all different sorts of schemas and a namespace qualification made this possible.

I'm not 100% sure if I've understood your questions or answered them satisfactorily. Please feel free to follow up. There are also others on this list with more in-depth knowledge of QMF.