On 04/01/2013 02:12 PM, Bill Freeman wrote:
On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 8:24 AM, Bill Freeman <ke1g...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 5:03 AM, Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com> wrote:

On 03/29/2013 04:35 PM, Bill Freeman wrote:That console API is a bit of a
mixture of QMFv1 and QMFv2. I think there is a getObjectId() method, and
you can then call asMap() on that to get the v2 form.

Thanks.  I'll have a read of the method code, call it with pdb, to see
what it does for me.

OK.  That gives me:

    p qmfID.asMap()
    {'_object_name': '18449', '_agent_name': '0'}

So these still don't seem very name like to me.  I was interpreting the
name of the queue as being the value of the name property.  I see that this
is arriving via Agent._handleQmfV1Message(), so I guess my broker(s) speak
V1.

I suspect it is merely that your use of the console API is following a v1 path. Unless you are using a very old broker, it will speak both v2 and v1. I'm not sufficiently knowledgeable about that API to help but will try and get hold of someone who is...

There is a much simpler, more basic library available for v2 available as well: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid/tools/src/py/qpidtoollibs/broker.py. Depending on your needs and your existing ties to the console API that may be worth a look.

I'm forced to re-ask whether, in the V1 context:
   1. Are the name properties of queues still enforced to be unique within a
broker?
   2. Are those _object_name values, '18449' still guaranteed to be stable
across, for example, deleting a pair of queues, restarting qpidd, and
re-creating the queues in the other order from which they were first
created?
   3. Is that '18449' some kind of hash or what?

Thanks, Bill