Hi Xiong,

> Hi All,
>
> Here is a newbie to QPID.

Welcome!

> I am planning to setup a HA cluster with the QPID
> as its underlying messaging layer. After going through all Apache QPID online
> documenation, I am unable to find the solution to my following
> question:
>
>    How can an Exchange on the Passive Node in the cluter knows that it
> resides in a passive broker and need to handle incoming messages
> differently that when it has been actived as primary node?

The active broker will receive all the messages.
The usual way this is handled is for a virtual IP address to be assigned for
the cluster's brokers - the address is assigned to the node where the active
broker is running. Thus, all connections to the virtual IP address go to the
active broker.

> Can we get such information with C++ API classes? I have checked class
> Connection, Session and Message. They seem not having such API calls.

The API doesn't know about HA, by design.

> Can you please help?

If this doesn't answer what you need, please ask again.

> Thanks a lot in advance!

You're welcome.

-Steve Huston