Thanks a lot Steve and Alan, appreciate your prompt helps.

I guess I have not posted my ideas clearly. Let me describe it below for
your better information.

After going through the link provided by Alan, I realize that HA is only to
group two nodes into a cluster for high availability. Clients or Exchanges
need to connect to virtual IP for message communication. QPID Messaging Bus
itself is HA, but Clients or Exchanges connect to QPID are not automatically
HA ready. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

What we are intended to achieve is that we have two physical boxes, one box
shall have a server instance, for example a billing utility, running as
primary service provider, another box shall have an identical billing
utility running which is a hot-backup of the primary one. Messages passed to
primary instance will be processed as normal, while messages duplicated to
backup instance will be processed and update its internal status only. Once
Primary instance or primary box is down, backup instance or box will take
over. Is there any existing mechanism provided by QPID to achieve this
purpose to ease our effort?

Looking forward to your insights.

Thanks,
Xiong Zou