Re; "I would say user:pass is consistent with most URL usages, user/pass is the odd one out, so I for one am glad that has been changed."

I'd tend to agree with you there, though as I say the "/" is used by all the Python tools (and possibly elsewhere) as I mentioned in my mail I think it's probably worth at least a discussion on the feasibility of making things consistent.

TBH the user/pass has tended to be the one I've "typed" because of things like qpid-config etc. the user:pass form has tended to sit in JNDI not needing touched terribly often, which is likely why the user/pass form stuck in my head :-/

Frase