Hey all,
I thought I'd have a go at trying to send an AMQP 1.0 message between Proton messenger and qpidd.

I've tried to keep things as simple as possible, but unfortunately it still barfed, so I'd be grateful for some pointers.

I built qpidd 0.27 off trunk yesterday and fired it up with:

qpidd --auth no --no-module-dir

(The --no-module-dir is there 'cause there's a bug on trunk due to both stores getting deployed).

I added a queue imaginatively called "test" :-)

Using the simple "send" program in proton-c/examples/messenger/c I tried:
./send -a amqp://0.0.0.0/test

Which should, I think, send "Hello World!" to the test queue - it certainly seems to follow the pattern suggested by Gordon below.

But it fails with:
ERROR[-2] SASL header mismatch: 'AMQP\x01\x01\x00\x0a'

I've also tried:
./send -a amqp://127.0.0.1/test
./send -a amqp://localhost/test
./send -a amqp://127.0.0.1

All fail with the same error.

When I stand up the recv program instead of qpidd it happily prints out

Address: amqp://127.0.0.1
Subject: (no subject)
Content: "Hello World!"

With the last example, which is what I'd expect.

I don't believe that there's too much wrong with my qpidd build, cmake picked up my proton install and running qpidd -h prints out:
AMQP 1.0 Options:
  --domain DOMAIN           Domain of this broker
  --queue-patterns PATTERN  Pattern for on-demand queues
  --topic-patterns PATTERN  Pattern for on-demand topics

Which both suggest that it's correctly build with AMQP 1.0 support.

Any thoughts as to what I've done wrong? BTW I also tried doing:
./send -a amqp://guest/guest@0.0.0.0/test

"just to see", but I get the same SASL header mismatch error.

Failing on such a trivial use case doesn't fill me with a great deal of confidence for trying something more exciting :-(
Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong.

BTW when talking between "send" and "receive" the first block of data that send sends is:
65,77,81,80,3,1,0,0,0,0,0,33,2,1,0,0,0,83,65,208,0,0,0,17,0,0,0,2,163,9,65,78,79,78,89,77,79,85,83,160,0

I "think" the 65,77,81,80,3,1,0,0 bit is the AMQP SASL header given the
#define SASL_HEADER ("AMQP\x03\x01\x00\x00")
in proton-c/src/sasl/sasl.c

So not sure if there's something I need to do with qpidd?
I also tried firing up qpidd with:
qpidd --no-module-dir

With no more joy :-(

BTW there's a similar issue mentioned on the proton list on the thread: pn_messenger_send return code albeit that Sergey is trying to talk to the SwiftMQ Broker.

Cheers,
Frase